Friday, March 11, 2011

... in which it has been too long since my last post, and current projects.

It's been too long since my last post, but "Spring Break" will do that to you. I saw "Spring" because we had a snowstorm yesterday, nothing major, just enough to be obnoxious.

The other day I couldn't help myself. I bought an Araknarok. I'm still in awe of the sheer size of the thing. I'm very anxious to get at it, but I am using it as motivation to knock out some of the other projects I've been working slowly on.

The Araknarok's base, in comparison to a Questing Knight
I blame Old School from Dark Future Games for making the Araknarok so appealing. He did quite an awesome conversion of one into a Tervigon for his 'nid army.

Other than that, I've been knocking out scenery like a champ. I used some variation to do a fall and winter piece. I don't want to go into much detail about them here, as I want to write a full article on building custom terrain. Still, here are the finished products:




I have also began work on Witchfate Tor, pics to come as it is completed.

On the painting side, I finished off the Necrons I picked up before Xmas, and now have that 100% ready to go.

What I put the most energy into lately has been my Bretonnian Trebuchet. I put a alot of detail into it, including rust on the riveting and bronze statues. There are so many tiny pieces to this, my camera can't do it justice.

I'm going to do a custom base for it as well. While it can stand just fine without one, I think I'd like it there to protect the bottom of the model from wear and tear.

Well, back to work on Witchfate Tor! My glue has dried and I am ready to prime. See you all soon for an article on doing custom scenery and effects!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, is that a Battlemasters tower!? I always get a kick when one of those things pops up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure where the tower came from originally. I got it second hand from a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete