I got hit with the creative billyclub hard this week. Now that all the pressure is off from school, I'm finding more time to relax and do hobby stuff.
Unfortunately, I'm also the most forgetful person in the world, I meant to upload some pics of my army board as a WIP, but I left the camera out in the car. Basically, I finished off the third floor of Witchfate Tor, and put it on hold while I did an army board for my Necrons. It went relatively quick. I am putting the finishing touches on it as we speak. I'll post a big "how I did this" when it is completed. I really put forth a lot of effort and multiple techniques, from carving, sculpting, casting, painting, and even carpentry. (I made the frame for it myself) and I am really proud of the results.
I had 3 ideas floating around in my head today for custom minis and mods. First, since I now have experience with casting clear resin now, I want to do a couple of Gelatinous Cubes for my DnD game, cause I think it would be hilarious. Next, I had a great vision for a custom Necron Lord. Let's just say I am super anxious to get to that one. Finally, I had an idea for a completely over the top pimp daddy mod. I don't want to go into it too much before its finished. I seriously think it is so good that some of the trollers out there may steal the idea and beat me to the punch. I will keep my ideas to myself for now, but I WILL be finishing that up by the end of May... well maybe...
The caveat with all of this is that my unpainted minis are getting out of control. I made a promise to my wife (and to myself) not to buy any more minis until I have 50% of what I have painted. So, I have to paint roughly 150 minis before I get to my mods. Heh. Maybe I'll actually go thru and inventory what I have so I can track my progress over the blog. Maybe have a few "Iron Man" painting sessions with SeerK, Mr. O, and the DFG crew and record a podcast while we paint the night away.
Time to kick it into high gear!!! Yippee Kai-yay MF!!